suggested this on December 20, 2013 09:41 PM
Please add Mavericks support!! I paid for this program and it is non-functional. I have a drive coming up, too, and now I can't use the program.
yes, please...actually, I just discovered this product, and luckily I checke a little bit before purchasing.
I WILL NOT PURCHASE this software until I know that it works with mavericks
and if ios7 gets jailbroken before you get this fixed, then I won't be purchasing this at all...
Please get that fixed ASAP
OK, I found an UN-official fix. The program no longer crashes after I applied this fix (multiple steps). Make sure to read the entire thread down to the bottom carefully...
thanks, I'm checking it out...
First step, cancel auto-renew. Do you think Tether is going to be offering a refund or any incentive to renew? We got screwed.
I agree. I was able to use this program for a good month. Then Mavericks came out and it has been busted. Worst money ever spent if I don't get a free year.
We are out here waiting for a fix. ANY IDEA????
Here is my version of the procedure described by Erik. I hope it is helps!
1. Verify Tether.app is installed in the /Applications folder.
2. Go to http://coreyjmahler.com/download/airport-utility-5-6-1-launcher/ click on download button to download Airport Utility 5.6.1 Launcher.app.
3. Locate AirPort-Utility-5.6.1.zip in your download folder in Finder. If your Safari browser is set to the defaults, it will already be extracted to folder named “AirPort-Utility-5.6.1”.
4. Open the above folder in Finder. There should be an application named “AirPort Utility 5.6.1 Launcher.app”. Control click on the application and select “Show Package Contents”. Expand the folders to Contents/Resources. Note the “Apple80211.framework” folder.
5. Open AppleScript editor and click “New Document” button. Copy and paste the following code block (between the lines) into the editor:
tell application "Finder"
set currentDir to POSIX path of ((container of (path to me)) as text)
set currentDir to quoted form of currentDir
set lib80211 to quoted form of "Tether Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/Apple80211.framework/Versions/A/Apple80211"
do shell script "
export DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=" & currentDir & lib80211 & "
cd " & currentDir & "Tether.app/Contents/MacOS
Click the compile button. There should be no errors. Click File > Save. Select Application as File Format. Select Applications as the folder. Enter “Tether Launcher” as the name.
5. Open another Finder tab or window. Verify there is an application named “Tether Launcher” located in the /Applications folder.
6. Control click the “Tether Launcher” application just created and select “Show Package Contents”. Expand the folders to Contents/Resources.
7. Go to the other Finder window and Control click the “Apple80211.framework” folder, from step 4 above, and select “Copy”.
8. Return to the other Finder window, in step 4 above, and locate the Contents/Resources folder. Paste the “Apple80211.framework” folder into this folder.
9. The new way to run Tether is double click “Tether Launcher” application in the Applications folder. If the above steps were done correctly, Tether should load and run exactly as it did under Mountain Lion.
Once an updated version of Tether is released, “Tether Launcher” should no longer be needed and the Tether application can be launched directly.
Updated link to Airport Utility: http://coreyjmahler.com/2013/10/24/airport-utility-5-6-1-on-os-x-10...
Made a pre-built launcher, you can download from here: https://cloudup.com/cax8sKEcLZzJust place it in the same folder as Tether.app and run the launcher, it will launch the "regular" Tether app with the new framework.
Tested on a brand new OSX 10.9.1
Thanks Paolo for doing the heavy lifting on this. Just downloaded your .app and placed it into my Applications folder where the Tether app is. It works!
@Paolo (aka pixline)... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
i downloaded your offering, put it in my applications folder next to the Tether.app, lauched it, and BOOM!!! First time it's worked since i upgraded to mavericks! WITHOUT A HITCH. you rock!!!
I tried both methods outlined above and the App crashes. Mac OS 10.9.1 MacBook Pro 8,3
Anyone having luck with 10.9 Mavericks?
when I try to open Tether, it not only crashes but it does something to my computer network! it doesn't allow my computer to get on my hm network. I have to reboot network several times. Since I installed Maverick, I can not use Tether...what is going on here? Any help from anyone would be helpful. I tried the earlier post but no luck.
I downloaded the pre-built launcher that was mentioned above and that part seems to be working but I am still unable to establish a connection with my computer. I have sent several support requests, and I get responses and suggestions from them but none of it has worked. I have checked all settings, re-installed tether a couple of times, re-booted, and I don't know what else to do. I am pretty desperate to get Tether working because high speed internet is not available where I live. I have Mavericks 10.9.2. Any help or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!
Support Software by Zendesk